Quick Start – Standard Edition
DaphnaBI Provides Three User Roles
2. Developer (or “Power User”)
3. End User
The SysAdmin Role creates and manages Data Sources, Developers (or “Power Users”), Top-Level Directories (or Departments), and associated permissions.
1. Add A Data Source
- On the top navigation menu, click on Datasource ->Add New Datasource
2. Add A Developer or End User
- On the top navigation menu, click on Users-> Add User
- Add Developer or End User.
3. Create A Top-Level Directory or Department
- On the top navigation menu, click on Department – >Add Department
4. Assign Permissions
- On the top navigation menu, click on Permission
- Assign datasource Department and Developer
Developers (or “Power Users”) can create sub folders, End Users, and assign corresponding permissions.
1. Add new folder
- On the sidebar navigation menu, click on -> Department -> Add New Folder.
- Give your Folder a name like (For example; ‘December Sales’
2. Click on Generate Reports
- A Dashboard screen will open.
3. Click on Add Report Element
- Give your report a name
- Select the report type
- Select your Data Source(s)
- Select table
- Add relations (as needed)
- Drag columns into desired area
- The Preview Query button will show the SQL Query
- The Preview button will show output of your result
- You can change report types as well as drag columns and preview as many reports and charts as needed
4. Click on Save
- Your report element is saved and you are redirected to Dashboard page.
5. Share report or chart with other users
- On the Sidebar navigation menu, click: User -> Add User
6. Add Permission
- On the top navigation menu, click on – Permission -> Add Permission
Give Permission to End User.
End User can view any report types and dashboard they are given permissions to . They can also download reports in PDF, JPEG, PNG format as well as email reports.